For these cards I wanted to add Valentine M&M's to the treat cup, but I didn't want people to have to tear the card apart to get to the treats inside! To avoid the destruction of the Valentine I used a sliding door on the back of the card to make accessing the treats easier! This way all you have to do is pull the heart tab up and out come the treats!
To make this card you will need:
8.5x11 White, Pink, and Red Cardstock
SweetHeart Treat Cups (Stampin Up)
Full Heart Punch (Stampin Up)
1 1/4 Circle Punch (Stampin Up)
Real Red Ink pad and sponge
Sweet Heart Clear Mount Stamp Set (Stampin Up)
Valentine Sentiment Set-I used a retired Valentine Set from Stampin Up
1. Cut the White Cardstock in thirds length wise...they should be strips that are 8.5 by approx 3.66 (this doesnt have to be absolutly perfect!)
2. Fold the white paper in half to give you a card that is approx 4.25 x 3.66...set aside
3. Cut the Red Cardstock in strips of 2.5 by 4.25 (I elected to round the 2 of the corners)
4. Cut the Pink Cardstock in 2.5 inch squares
5. In the center of the Pink Cardstock squares stamp the 'Be Mine' heart from the Sweet Heart stamp set
6. Place the Pink Cardstock on top of the White Cardstock so the fold is at the bottom of the white
7. Use the stamped image as a guide to punch a heart out of the Pink Cardstock and folded White Cardstock. You will want to make sure these are lined up how you want them to appear with the treat cup!
8. Use the White punched hearts to make the tab on the top of your Red Cardstock sliding door! I choose to stamp the front with a saying and then just sponged the back heart. I simply sandwiched them together at the top of the Red Cardstock.
9.At this time you can finish off the main card by glueing the side edges of the White Cardstock together while leaving the top open. Then punch a half circle at the top so the sliding door can nest inside. You can also choose to decorate the main card how every you like at this time...after this it will have the treat cup on it making it difficult for further decoration!
10. Now you can remove the sticky backing from the treat cup and line it up on the White Cardstock so the cup is accessible from the punched holes made previously.
11. Apply the Pink Cardstock over the Sweet Heart Treat Cup to hide the edges.
12. Insert the sliding door and add the candy and you are set!
You now have a Valentine you little ones will love to hand out!